Since 2006, the Georgia Youth Symphony Orchestra (GYSO) has been a space for young minds to explore their musical creativity and talent through performance.
GYSO comprises five orchestras, a jazz ensemble, a percussion ensemble, instrumental chamber ensembles, and a youth chorus. It is the largest youth orchestra program in the southeast, providing members with a nurturing and supportive environment to prepare and perform at the highest level throughout the many concerts of the season.
The mission of GYSO is to inspire young people to discover their full potential through creativity and performance and to build and develop the discipline and spirit to accomplish their musical goals. Further, GYSO endeavors to provide artistic opportunities for all people and to enhance the quality of cultural life in our communities.
GYSO By the Numbers:
- 13 Performing Ensembles
- 376 Students
- 99% of Seniors Accepted to College
- $2,128,542 Total Dollars in College Scholarships Awarded to Our Students in 2021
- 12 Artistic & Educational Staff Members
- 23,487 Minutes of Music Rehearsed in a Season
- 127 Schools Have Students Performing in Our Programs
- 17 Counties Represented
Auditions are coming up! For more information, please visit gyso.org.