It’s hard to believe that the end of our 72nd season is here. And what a year it has been!
- This year, 519 musicians, student, amateur and professional, have performed 33 concerts, and sold almost 7000 tickets.
- The GSO presented the World Premiere of Liminal: An Atlanta Concerto, by our own Artistic Director Timothy Verville and Okorie Johnson.
- GYSO students performed 13 separate concerts, had a 100% college attendance rate, and received $2,193,822 in scholarship offers.
- GSO Jazz sold out the Strand twice performing brilliantly complex and genre-spanning repertoire.
- The GSO Chorus continued its close partnership with the Uzee Brown Society of Choraliers, singing music that intersects across barriers of race, geography, and culture…and they grew by almost 125% while they were at it!
- We’ve performed for veterans at the Warrior Alliance Veterans’ Impact Awards, our business community at the Cobb Chamber Gala, and our special needs community in two celebrated Sensory Friendly concerts.
- Finally, we closed out our season with a full orchestra, world-class soloists, and 161 chorus members on stage singing about the spinning wheel of fate in Carl Orff’s epic Carmina Burana. We truly ended this year on a spectacularly high note!
The GSO is alive, active, and bringing beautiful music to every corner of our community. And because of patrons like you, we know that our fate and fortune don’t depend on a spinning wheel! Your support allows the GSO to innovate and serve, to educate and inspire. The GSO is YOU!
This past weekend, we launched our End of Season campaign: Growing Together. We’re hoping to raise $25,000 to close our fiscal year in a way that sets us up to grow even stronger in the coming year. I hope that you’ll give. When you do…know that you become part of the fabric of our story. You become part of our success.
If you thought this weekend was awesome, I can’t wait for you to see what season 73 holds! Stay tuned for our season announcement on Thursday, May 25th.
Suzanne Tucker, Executive Director,